Sunday 16 March 2014

It's the little things

Sometimes it's the little things that can lift the spirit. It can be a simple thing like a budding flower or a few words that come after the deafening silence.

Yesterday I was standing on the beach it was gray and wet from the rain yet behind me was a child finding the joy of a puddle. Oh for things to be that simple.

Maybe I should find my own puddle and jump in it. Relive the pure joy that came from it.

Despite the gray and the wet there was a serenity. The beach was mostly empty except for the few that braved the path behind me. It was serene.

I stood in silence; my mind in its own world reliving memories as I wiped my face now and then. Being at the beach-- the wind, the sound, the water is my therapy.

This morning my therapy were a few words I read. Simple words but words nonetheless.

They were my new hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment