Thursday 11 April 2013

Yes this is a First World problem if I ever saw one and yet it's my dilemma of the day... I know this may vary by person so really there's nothing scientific about it...

We're off to WDW for 10 nights later this year... Two adults only so I booked studios for the stay. We're at Bay Lake for 5 nights... I originally had a standard room but I changed it to a lake view at my husband's request so we'll get to try something fancy-schmancy and new in terms of view [Dear room assortment peeps give us something on a high floor making the points worth it please -yes more first world issues here.].

We were also very lucky to get a boardwalk view studio at BWV for the last 5 days after being on a waitlist for only a couple of days... Me+ hubby+ coffee on the balcony looking down upon the people & lake below = priceless. Now I am contemplating wait listing for a 1 bedroom, 4 of the 5 nights are (or were) available the last time I checked so there's no guarantee we'll get the waitlist. We don't cook in the room other than toast/bagels/coffee so it's not as if I need the kitchen, I'm just contemplating that soaker tub (if you've ever done the Epcot Death March you will understand the need for such luxuries) and king bed but are those things worth the extra points and knowing I'll need to borrow a few to boot?

I guess part of me is shying away from borrowing points due to 'what if scenarios' --- what if we need a 1bedroom next year because we've decided to take my niece to WDW... [Note to self too many ellipses] what if we want to do another 10day vacation to Aulani --we'll need the points... you know those common traps: What if... what if... what if? Then another part of me says... we're going to be in our mid/late 80s when this contract ends we may as well start borrowing points now as by then will we really want to be going to WDW? So do I things as they are or borrow points to get the larger room for the last half of your WDW stay?

Anyways just mindless verbose rambling to ask a simple question--- so what would you do? And what's with this inability to make a decision based on "what ifs"?? We should live in the now and enjoy these things while we can, but I can't help but try and plan for an uncertain future. The point of this post at the core isn't the room, is it?

1 comment: